Music Industry Mess

Posted by WeiKeong under
It has been confirmed that Already Gone is the third single of Kelly Clarkson's fourth studio album, All I Ever Wanted. They even began shooting the music video for it. I don't know whether this will be a big issue or not when Already Gone is released, cuz I'm sure most of you have heard of Halo, yup, Beyonce's. People say the sound alike, but to me, I think it's just the beat,... and some chords, maybe? Even though previously, Already Gone has not become a single yet, people have already started fighting and debating over the internet, ever since the album was released, especially on youtube!! Some said that Kelly stole the song from Beyonce, and some said that Beyonce stole the song from Kelly. Well I did some research. Kelly didn't steal, neither did Beyonce. Here's the thing, both Halo and Already Gone was written by Ryan Tedder (One Republic, in case you don't know). Halo was written, produced and demo'd first, and was written when Apologize got popular. Simon Cowell picked Halo for Leona Lewis, but her schedule was packed, so she didn't record the song. Meanwhile, Kelly and Ryan both worked on the song, recorded, produced and everything. Beyonce later heard Already Gone from Ryan's mixer or whatever you call it, and "demanded" for a song similar to Already Gone. So, Ryan took Halo, completely restructured it and gave it to Beyonce. They then both met up, heard the song and recorded the song in 2 hours... wow... 2 hours!! Talented!! Halo was rush released, ended up releasing earlier than Already Gone. But according to what I've read, I think Beyonce crossed the line. What, demanding for a song that sounds like another? Rushed release the song so she could steal the limelight? And one more thing... how could Ryan do this? Hooh~~ complicated matters... for me, I prefer Already Gone (I support Kelly all the way ^^). Here's the live version of the song. Flawless!! I love it!




There... you've heard it. Nice!! If you wanna compare, go to Youtube. Those people are so free, they remixed the songs, combining the two songs, and it actually worked, sounded nice. Tons of comparisons there, you can even join in the 'debate' and make yourself look like a fool. Haha! Just kidding.


Peace Out!